Happiness is up to you

Happiness is up to you

What is happiness?

Each has its own opinions, and perhaps everyone can make it clear.

So, what is happiness?

Some people may say that contentment is always happy. Some people may say that love makes people happy. Some people may say that family brings happiness. Some people may say that they are happy when they have money.

Some people may have never been happy before: they always feel that their fortunes are not good, their troubles are endless, and they are worried all the time.

  I said that happiness is a state of mind, a correct attitude towards life, and happiness is determined by oneself.

No matter who is rich in material, happiness is relative, there is no absolute happiness and no happiness.

  Fu Peirong, a professor of philosophy at Taiwan University, has a motto: Yes, but not enough.

What he means is that each of us must realize that our life today is good but not enough. If we are not enough, we must constantly develop our potential and the society will continue to improve.

Only by recognizing this truth, we feel happy, otherwise we will never feel happy.

He gave an example: a citizen of a small country in northern Europe is born to the next university until a penny is not spent, and the state pays for you, but the suicide rate of these changes is high.

why?

I don’t think it’s a good idea to understand that we have never done anything. Of course, the troubles are found on our own.

  The following example may be more illustrative of the fact that there is no perfection.

  Americans look for psychiatrists when they are in a bad mood. Almost everyone has a psychiatrist.

Suppose you are an American apprentice psychiatrist. When you enter the door, you will ask you several times.

If you say that you arrive early, the doctor says that you belong to a worried personality; if you say that you arrive on time, the doctor says that you are obsessive personality; if you say late, the doctor says that you are a resistant personality.

In other words, you definitely think that you have problems.

  Understand the above reasons, as long as we can skillfully use the “90 to 10 rule”, we can determine our own happiness.

  What is the “90 to 10 rule”?

To put it simply, 10% of life is made up of things that happen to you, and the other 90% is determined by how you react to what you are doing.

The intrinsic meaning of the “90 to 10 rule” is that we cannot control 10% of what happens to us, but the other 90% completely determines ourselves.

  For example, if a colleague says something bad about you, you may be worried. The result is that you will form some knots that you can never solve. It is very likely that you will not be happy when you see the colleague or think of it.

But if you change the way, you can get along with the colleague or just smile and ignore it. The result is that you will be happy with you.

  Such things you can’t avoid are likely to happen every day, maybe you are driving a car, and happen to be in traffic jam.

If you are upset and keep pressing the horn and the mother, the trouble will of course come to your heart.

Instead, calm down and see the endless stream of vehicles and bustling crowds. How happy you are and how happy you are!